Is anybody out there?

Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 48 - 10 days...where have they gone?

Well, I have not been doing a good job of keeping up with this blog and to those who are/were reading faithfully, I am sorry. I will do better.

On a happier note, I've been able to get a lot done over the last 10 days. The house and yard are shaping up nicely. This weekend full of sunshine filled my lungs and my spirit with positively wonderful happiness! I have successfully completed several squares for Sean's afghan. I'm now working on a baby fern leaf pattern to replace the April square which I didn't really love. I also think I may in fact do more than the 12 squares for this so it's a bit larger for my tall kiddo. We'll see! I guess I love that I am embracing the freedom of this project. I do have the expectation of finishing 1 block per month, but they're so easy I can do more and other projects at the same time.

With that in mind, I began my journey into Aran kitting and began my first block of my Great Aran Afghan. I chose a lovely pattern that had cables winding majestically up and down the center. I had a little trouble beginning but a Ravelry friend graciously emailed me some charts she'd made and that was a life saver! I completed my first square on Friday evening and was thrilled! It did turn out the wrong size, 10 X 11 1/2 (they're supposed to be 12 x 12) but I'm hoping I an block it to the correct measurements. We'll see I guess!

Anyway, I learned that I can really tackle new and complicated endeavors and come out on top! I think if I applied this to my current situation, it may look like a new job! Or perhaps a new path on this overall journey. The possibilities are like the Spring sunshine, I am glowing and invigorated to see what each new day and each new stitch brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment