Is anybody out there?

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 49 - each stitch represents progress and change

These are the things I need to remember! With every stitch I make, I witness the knotting of yarn turning into something amazing. They are the baby steps that lead to greatness! This is where my focus needs to be. When I'm knitting, I can tune out all of the petty people, the dishonesty we face daily and the purely cruel behavior of people who are supposed to be professional. I need to channel that in every moment of my days just to get through!

I do realize that there needs to be change and challenge. Right now for example, I am knitting the baby fern for a block of Sean's afghan. It started out great and moves quickly, but holy moly am I BORED! It's tedious! I should be sailing through but I'm making careless mistakes, measuring it every 5 minutes to see how much closer to done I am! This is not how it's supposed to be. I find my mind wandering to that next Aran square I want to start! Or that yarn I need to order to start the sweater Sean wants! I'm only on square 4 of the afghan though so I cannot lose steam already! I guess I'll have to chose more challenging squares for his project and start those others too!

Change and challenge make me happy! Bring it on world!

No comments:

Post a Comment