Is anybody out there?

Friday, May 14, 2010

Day 56 - Why an hour of knitting in the first place

After a very long day of highest highs and some pretty low lows, I found myself chastising the idea of finding an hour a day to knit! How ridiculous with all that goes on in my life, right? Well, I remember why. I finally had a chance yesterday to sit down and watch some mindless tv and I picked up Mom's afghan and knitted the whole time. I have been memorizing the pattern with each sitting so that I can almost do it without the chart. As the panel gets longer, I get less stressed and cranky. I take the focus off all that went wrong with me and my day to focussing on what's right with this surprise, with happy family memories and it all melts away.

Okay, so maybe it all comes right back when I put the project down and life begins it's assault again, but for one glorious hour, all is right with the world!

3 comments: