Is anybody out there?

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 4 and I'm feeling good

Hello ladies here is an update! It is currently day 4 on Weight Watchers and I am feeling good. I am learning a lot of new things and I would love to share them with you girls. I have been sticking to my points like crazy. The great part is I have been eating food that I love. A cookie, frozen yogurt, popcorn from target, and a McDonalds hamburger. I'm happy haha. It's a cool little system and they have a mini facebook online so you meet people and gain a support group. Molly and Christine you are of course my biggest and best support group :)

As far as my activity I am still walking and my mom is even joining me! I also went swimming for the first time since my surgery. I spent an hour using the kick board and a noodle to do laps at the YMCA. I was exhausted after! I had to take a nap. haha So I am going to try swimming two days out of the week and I am going to continue walking. So far I feel good but I am waiting for that moment when something happens and I am ready to throw in the towel...I think that is when I really know if WW is for me. However I think with you ladies here to support me it won't hurt to bad and I will get over it. <3

Okay so one of the great tips I learned was from an article they had about using the scale. It says to be persistent so if you weigh yourself in the morning but then weigh yourself in the afternoon you will get numbers you aren't happy with. The main thing is to be persistent and consider the time of day and what you are wearing every time you weigh in. I have been known to scale hop haha. Also in the article I read was this great quote to remember!
"Weighing in is important it gives you a measure of accountability. But it is only one measure of your success."

Something to think about right? So just remember don't get to strung up on the numbers focus on your other successes! I'm ready to write that quote on a poster board or something and put it up by the scale. haha

How are you guys doing so far?

-Samantha

3 comments:

  1. Sammy I am so glad to hear that you are happy with WW. I think that it will teach you alot about portioning and making good choices. So how many points can you have a day? Also congrats on the swimming. you are well on your way to recovery.

    This weekend set me back a bit but I am not going to stress about it. I was teaching a seminar in Seattle so I had to eat out all weekend. I did make as good of choices as I could with the exception of the red wine(too much)I even went to the cheesecake factory and didn't have cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg Molly no cheesecake! You are strong haha. Yeah these past three days I went a little crazy and went off my points but I am getting back into things. I am allowed 33 points with a 44 weekly allowencce if I go over and stuff. It's fun and the program is definitely keeping me in check. I lost two pounds from this last week. I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sammy, It's so great to hear about your progress! I'm very proud of you. I know that the recovery process is probably slower than you'd like but small and consistent steps will get you where you want to be. I love the swimming - wish there was somewhere around here to do that. How is school going? Are yo still taking classes or did you have to take a semester off?

    Molly, Keep it up! And have that cheesecake if you're out. Just don't eat the whole thing! Either save it or split it or just let it go but don't deny yourself. That's always the beginning of my back-slide. Once I start saying "I can't have such and such," I'm pretty much lost!

    ReplyDelete