Is anybody out there?

Monday, December 28, 2009

The Daily Knitting Project

Okay so inspired by "Julie and Julia" AND the huge amount of yarn in my closet, and the fact that knitting brings me peace and happiness.....I've decided to blog daily about my adventures.  This is the perfect time to do such a thing since I have several beautiful garments knitted but not finished.  You know, the ends to weave in, the hems to tack up,  that sort of thing is what time and time again stops the process for me. 

I have discovered, of course, that I am just that; a process knitter!  I love the whole process from picking out yarn, to agonizing over a pattern, to knitting and frogging and knitting again!  What I've also learned is that I HATE FINISHING!!!!!!!  This leads to problems when I decide to knit for others.  This is what I've been doing as of late because knitting for me all the time makes me feel selfish!  But here's the deal - I never finish anything!!!!!!  Grrr........  

So.....this then makes sense, at least to me!  I will, throughout the new year, tackle all of those unfinished projects and get them done.  I will also begin to use that ever growing stash and create some new family heirlooms (more about that exciting project later!).  I will then blog about my progress every day to keep me honest and on track.  

Now I know that this is silly to most as there is no really dire point of all this.  But here's the thing:  I love to knit and life has it's way of making me so busy with work, Dan and the kids, that there is not time to focus on what makes me happy.  I have many other 'things' to tackle this year like that 30lb weight loss, but one thing at a time.  First I'm inserting my 'me' time.  Even if it's only an hour a day to knit and 10 minutes to write, I'm doing this for me!

Here goes nothing!

1 comment:

  1. LOL!! I hate finishing as well. I realized the day before Christmas that, while I had 'finished' knitting the gifts, I had never woven in the ends! Boy was that a long night! (7 projects!)

    ReplyDelete