Is anybody out there?

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Day 2 (PM)....it's been a long day and a feels like eternity since I finished my first WIP/UFO

So, today is counted as a success. Although I did not get an hour of 'quiet' knitting time in, I did watch a movie with my dear daughter and finished her hoodie vest, yes completely, while we watched! It felt really good to have it done. I wish that it was a little longer on her though, so there's that.

Why is it that each and every time I accomplish something in my life, whether it be a knit project, a Master's degree, a successful Christmas dinner, I don't ever feel really happy? I always find something wrong with it. This is what I'm learning about myself. I must find a way to enjoy life more. To really 'feel' the happiness of time together or a job well done. My family all classified me as "Eyeore" in a game this week! When did I become so gloomy? I guess this goes on the list of things to work on in 2010!

So, day 2, a success and I will be happy that another WIP is now a desired garment to be cherished. Baby steps. Tomorrow I must begin hemming the dress for Lily! I will find joy in that accomplishment too, especially seeing it on her!

No comments:

Post a Comment