Is anybody out there?

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

10,000 steps

Hello girlies!
First Molly I'd like to say I am definitely thinking about you and your dad. I am so happy to hear that he is on the road to recovery. Also I think taking him on beach walks would be perfect! You can spend time with each other and be active at the same time. Which brings you both closer to your weightless gaols!!

Speaking of walking I stumbled upon a great little article about walking and how it will improve ones health. As we all know I can't do nothing but walk right now so I found this to be very helpful.  It talked about having a goal of 10,000 steps a day. The article is a little dated but I say hey why not try it so I'm going to see if I can work my way up to that goal. Also with the help of my grandma and mom I'm going to hopefully start weight watchers online next month. I also have a doctors appointment on Thursday so I can see what else I can do for physical activity. I had a little meltdown these past couple days because I felt so holed up and useless because of my recovery, but with a little talk with my family I feel more excited and more inspired to get back on track.

My goal for the next couple months is to just live a more healthy life style. I'm going to try not to focus so much on numbers but to focus on the positives of what a healthy lifestyle will give me. It's a different approach so we shall see how it goes!

Finally I just really want to thank you Molly and Christine for all of your kind words and support you are both awesome.


-Samantha

The article I was talking about

2 comments:

  1. time to dig out my pedometer in between digging out yet another 2 feet of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Christine that is crazy!? I am such a California girl because I can not imagine living with snow. Haha it gets to about 40 degrees at it's lowest and I'm freezing my butt off. Haha I hope it clears up soon.

    ReplyDelete