Is anybody out there?

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Goals and an update!

Hello ladies long time no see! Okay so I have a lot to talk with you about.  So my injury as you know was really 2 herniated discs. I have received an epidural shot but I'm afraid it wasn't working at all and so the pain management doctor said no more shots.  So my alternative is surgery. My surgery is planned for January 10 and it's luckily an out patient surgery.  SO I'm hoping for the best.  Since I found out that my back has been all screwy in Thanksgiving I have been unable to do any physical activity and I have been on some very heavy medication.  So i have gained back all the weight I have lost and I am back to being 188. I can't express to you my despair on losing all that I worked for.  It's really upsetting and I think the worst part is that there is nothing I can do about it. It's super frustrating to be 19 and be in the situation I am in. However I am looking forward to after my surgery where I can recover and get back to being active again. I will start from scratch but I think that's for the best.
My goals are to just recover and get back on track. Possibly look into weight watchers (have you seen Jennifer Hudson!!!!) and go to physical therapy to build a strong core and back.
Hope you all had a wonderful holiday and I am looking forward to hearing about you experiences and stories while recover :))

Keep up the good work ladies!
Samantha

2 comments:

  1. Sammy- I hope that the surgery goes well with little recovery time. Although you can't exercise REMEMBER you still control what goes into your body. If you are not burning calories you really need to watch your caloric intake. You a fitness site to try to figure out your best intake amount. Still try to make healthy food choices. I know we have all been struggling with this but it's time to take control back or we won't ever meet our fitness goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sammy~ Good luck w/the surgery. Email me your mailing address please. Molly's right, you can take back that feeling control from one aspect of all of this and when you're back on your feet you will be a step ahead of the game.

    I think WW is a good option. I did it years ago and it helped me have a better idea of good choices for myself. I don't use it anymore - it's really changed- but I've heard a lot of success stories and still use some of the concepts I learned there. How's school going? Are you able to keep up with your classes and all?
    Remember, send me your mailing address. :)

    ReplyDelete