Is anybody out there?

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Tuscany - Part Two

So, this project was started last Thanksgiving time - yes, I do mean 2009! I got about 10 inches and found a MAJOR mistake. I had to rip out about 8 inches to get back on track. In frustration, I put it down. When I went back to it, I forgot how to do it and screwed up several times before getting really cooking with this. Shortly after the post below, I ran out of yarn. Having purchased it in the summer of 2008, I called the store and they had two more skeins but said I had to bring it in to see if it matched. The Friday prior to Thanksgiving, just diagnosed with Lyme Disease and feverish, I drove the hour 40 minutes to the shop I'd bought it in. Serves me right for buying yard while at my son's goalie camp across the state!


From November 8, 2010
Okay, so in my alternate universe, I have a job that allows me to knit all day, I'm fabulously fit of course, and I travel. I wanted to make something special for some one very important to me. She has pretty much my dream life except that she doesn't knit! So, since one of her favorite places is Tuscany (we used to say we'd get there together some day) and she's always got these fancy parties to go to or host, I found this wrap pattern called "Tuscany!" I figured that was fate and hope to finish it to give her at Thanksgiving!

Anyway, of course the yarn wasn't even close! As I came out having purchased two skeins that did match, and resolving myself to the fact that I'd have to start from scratch w/the new yarn, Demian from Blue Heron Yarns called and suggested I rip out a yard and mail it to him. He thought that perhaps he could find something in stock that would match what I'd already finished. So....I did just that and worked on Mom's 1960's afghan instead from then till Christmas!

Patty's matching yarn came in about two weeks into December and I was able to finish her Tuscany shawl while she was up in CT for Christmas! This is by far my favorite thing I've ever knitted and it's also the first thing I've ever blocked in my life! I hope she loves it as much as I've come to love it over the past two years!

Here are the pics!
Blocking Tuscany

Patty in Tuscany!

Yea! Patty loves Tuscany and I love her!

Hopefully Patty will find some where fabulous and fancy to wear this. I bet it will look perfect with a little black dress or jeans!

No comments:

Post a Comment