Is anybody out there?

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day 26 - Letting go is hard

Letting go...it's not something anyone can ever prepare you for. We can't live life preparing to let go of all of the dreams, things, people that we may someday find we've lost. Rather, we have to focus on the here and now, and plan for the future in order to truly experience all that life has in store for us. I guess that's why today is so bitter sweet. Tonight we celebrated Sean's 16th birthday. We went to Fire and Ice (which was just okay) and got him some things that will help him make memories he'll always treasure. He got a new battery for the car he'll be able to drive in a few months, Celtics tickets to the game of his choice (within reason) and tomorrow I'm taking him to the RMV to get his permit!

This has been such a tough year for all of us and the transitions have not always been easy. This 16th year will be no exception! We are transitioning from boy to man and dependence to independence. I am not ready or happy about the changes but I know that we have raised good children and they will do well. They will make their own mistakes and hopefully they'll be small and they'll learn from them.

I realized today as I finished my swap partner's gift that I also hate to end a project. I hate to see them go! I am happy to have made it and loved the process but now it's time to let it go. I will weave in the ends tomorrow and start on her second part of the gift. Maybe if I quickly put it in the box I won't miss it so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment