Is anybody out there?

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 14 or Day 21??????

So, this is really hard to figure out, should I be listing this as Day 21 of my knitting journey, or Day 14 since I haven't posted since day 13? Had I not fallen off the wagon, I wouldn't be here. But the truth of the matter is that I am a starter. Plain and simple, I have know this about myself for most of my adult life. I am constantly trying to change this about myself and I refuse to give in! Let me know what you think!

Speaking of feedback, I want to say Thank you and I'm sorry to Katie! My lone reader! Now that I know you're out there, I feel I've let you down! A week's a long time to go and I will not let you down again - Promise!

I have some legit. excuses! I've been battling some work issues...yes, I am one of those who takes it all home. (Yet another area to change) And I've been working feverishly to make my daughter's dream dress for the Winter Ball at her high school! Truth be told, I'm in over my head as I haven't sewn clothes for the kids since they were in about third grade! I used to love to make them first day of school clothes and Halloween costumes. I'd even make a dress for Meag and matching pants and vest for Sean for Easter and Christmas! One year, I even made my dear husband a matching Christmas vest in dark green velvet! He loves me so much he even wore it!

So amidst the feverish knitting, which I'll get to in a minute, I've been cutting, pinning and sewing! I have the bodice and skirt put together and next is a zipper and straps and then hemming! The dance is Saturday! AUGH!!!!! The zipper scares me but I'll do my best not to let her down!

So, the knitting.....When I can no longer stand the patterning, I've been working this week on my sweater from Noreen. I'd made a promise to finish before the cold weather goes and I am determined not to let myself or her memory down. I've also been hunting for the last ball of yarn needed to finish the project for my swappee, but I'm now wondering if I'll even need it. I'll have to investigate that a little further over the weekend....after I finish the dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment