Is anybody out there?

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 9 - Knitting Therapy

Lesson of the day: Breathe deeply and knit

Today was a particularly long day at work. I am always excited to get working on new music with my students but getting back into the routine after the long break always leads to more work to be done! Also, this move my family has made has been one true test of character. It is always difficult to move I guess, but the uprooting of the family does not only affect the children. I am finding that I must also find my way in new territory. It is frustrating, confusing and most of all, lonely. For this, I turn to my knitting.

I found some time to continue my journey into "toe-up" sock knitting. Socks are so much fun to knit anyway, but this new challenge also keeps me thinking. Learning something new at 40 is wonderful. I am much more patient with myself and appreciative of the feeling of accomplishment. Yeah me!

I am going to go enjoy another hour or so of this project and go to bed early. Tomorrow, I will post pictures of all of these works in progress (or finished) and try to keep this blog more visually appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment