Is anybody out there?

Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 5 (AM)

Well, I've already finished another project today. I finished the dress I was making for Cindy's baby. It took me 5 months of so to ask for help on the top edge. Lesson: Ask for help when you discover you need it...don't wait!

I woke up this morning wanting it done. I wove in the 14 ends and then proceeded to hem the 40 inches of the bottom of the dress! Lessons: 1. Learn how to pick up the picot edge whilst knitting the garment. 2. hemming in such a way that the stitches are hidden is a very rewarding feeling.

This goes back to the adage that a job well done is worth doing! I was really pretty happy with the fact that I could do this successfully. Having completed this though brings me one step closer to that sweater project that I promised myself I'd finish before Thanksgiving. I did not. This sweater is a blessing and a painful remembrance and so I shouldn't be surprised that I have been avoiding it. Technically, I knitted the sleeves one at a time and made a mistake in the wrist of one. The result, they are two different sizes. I've agonized over my next steps for over a year as that's how long it's been sitting there unfinished.

I guess that leaves me only one real option: I must rip both sleeves out and begin them again. Today I will do just that, rip them out. Maybe then I can come to grips with the fact that Nanny always made me feel like giving anything less than 100% was letting myself down. I really miss her and her inspiration. I need to finish this project and so today I will begin that journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment