Is anybody out there?

Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 4 - I decide what gets my time and energy

Happy New Year! Today closes out Day 4 and I decided not to let the blue socks beat me! Rather, I realized that since the sock would be in a shoe ultimately, it wouldn't matter if the dye lot was a tad bit off and so I went to the yarn shop in the next town over and picked up another skein of my Happy Feet. I finished the sock as Nutmeag and I watched silly Disney shows and then rented a movie. I even wove in all the ends and got them ready to deliver to Mom tomorrow.

I love making things for other people. I hope that each time she wears them, she feels how much I love and honor her. She, like the whole process of knitting, has always been there for me. Teaching me new things about myself around every turn. I hope that like my mother, these socks will be strong, comforting and last forever.

That is my wish for 2010.

Well, I'm keeping it short as I have a lovely family waiting to snuggle up and watch bad New Years programing and fall asleep! Can't wait to see what Day 5 brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment