Is anybody out there?

Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 5 (PM) Long, productive day

Well, today was another success! I am already feeling tired though so I thought I'd blog a little early and turn off this over worked laptop.

Today, I finished the dress for Lily. I am sitting here looking at it and cannot wait to see it on her. Cindy is such an earth-crunchy friend and the color and fabric are so fitting for her daughter. I can't believe that I've waited so long to finish this! It's so cute, it almost makes me want to have more babies, just to knit them cute little clothes! But alas, those days are dead and gone.

So I made up my mind today to get more organized in the knitting. I decided to take pictures of projects and of yarn in my stash and log it on Ravelry. I also made up my mind that I must put off getting back on track with Nanny's sweater. This was such a wonderful gift from Nanny and I owe it to her to get it finished and wear it in her honor.

So, after many hours of cleaning my office/stash, I took the plunge and ripped out both sleeves! I had screwed them up long ago and want this to be perfect. I have successfully ripped them out and re-wound the skeins. Amazingly, I do not feel the guilt, loss or regret I thought I would be wrought with! I instead, feel light a weight has been lifted. I feel empowered! I feel strong. I love that.

Lesson: Sometimes we must face our emotions head on. Facing them with honesty and courage can open up new doors! We can only see what we're made of when we trust ourselves to reach our own expectations!

Anyway, tonight, I've casted on both sleeves on one circular needle and am back in business. I should set a goal for myself as to a finish date, but I think I will just enjoy the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment