Is anybody out there?

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day 6 - Spending time with family

The holidays can be really wondrous times for some and for others, they can bring about sadness and loneliness. In my case, we see it all. In my immediate family, we relish in spending time with each other. Most of my friends and probably my children's friends think this is 'weird.' The thought of parents and their teenaged kids enjoying each other's company is foreign to most. And certainly life is not always a picnic. However, when faced with the decision to go out and 'do' something for the sake of saying we did it, our clan would rather rent a movie and talk about the day, the upcoming plans or just snuggle. I guess that I am and they are more aware these days that time together can end in an instant. We tend to cherish it and this year I hope to make sure they all know how much they are loved.

On another note, all of this hanging around watching movie time, allows me to knit as we go! I must confess that today I also tried out my new Wii Fit Plus! 35 minutes of silly exercise was better than the 'no' exercise I've done for way too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment