Is anybody out there?

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 23 - Flu fingers

First, sorry Johnny! You were out voted and thus we move on to day 23, after all the knitting journey didn't stop, just the recording of it all. Time management is not my friend so I'm working on that one.

My fingers are crying today, as is my back, my face and even my toes. I am amazed by the fact that so many body parts can hurt at the same time. The aching makes the headache, sore throat, raw nose, and aching chest pale in comparison! Ugh. On the dining room table lies Meaghan's unfinished dress and the dance is only two days away. I still have to summon the power to attempt that zipper, but really, I can't physically handle that today.

I did go into administer my music exams today and will again tomorrow. It darn well nearly killed me, but was so worth it as my students in both classes really roses to the challenge. I had to find other ways to teach without using my voice much but that's really hard for a chorus teacher!

My sweater sits here next to me begging me to pick up and knit "just a few rows!" But I know better. The power of that pull will have me pushing through the achy-ness all night and then I will really regret it. Even typing this little bit feels quite like climbing a mountain! I will not fail at this one-a-day posting though no matter what! Hopefully when the medication kicks in (it's on its way) I will be able to knit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment