Is anybody out there?

Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 8 (pm) Toes up!

Wow! I decided to do this daily blog to keep me focused on the lessons learned while knitting but life keeps getting in the way and the obsession I have for knitting keeps taking over. It's a double-edged sword really. I want to continue growing and learning everyday and blogging helps me to mull it all over and focus on the lessons learned. But blogging means I must put down the needles and open up the laptop! Once I get going though, I don't want to stop for anything. This is my obsession!

So I learned tonight, over three hours, how to cast on using Judy's Magic Cast On. I figured out how to do it on double pointed needles instead of the circulars I didn't own, thus saving me some money! I thought mean and horrible thoughts while getting through the first 5 rows or so as it was like the yarn had a death grip on my fingers and needles (no earthly idea if my fingers will return to normal to teach guitar tomorrow) and then I saw the beauty of it all!

Now I don't mind grafting as the Kitchner stitch is a cinch once you master it. This though was pretty cool to see the toe of the sock come to life out of nothing! It really made me wonder about so many things. Trouble is, it's 11:15pm and I've got to get up at 5am and be a perky Mom and enthusiastic teacher all day. Right now, I'm just too tired to talk. Sorry ....even though I know no one actually reads this!

No comments:

Post a Comment