Is anybody out there?

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 22 - the flu wins out

No knitting today. Just the mere action of working my fingers over this keyboard is agony. Yesterday I stayed home and slept but work must go on and so today I dragged through classes. I tried not to cough on my students, directly anyway! I got all of my exams ready and got the kids to basketball and skating. Then dear hubby called and said he was coming home early and he went to the food store for me, retrieved both children and cooked dinner! I am a lucky woman!

I am missing my knitting. I held my sleeves for the sweater today. That's right, just held them and dreamed of what it would be like to actually wear the finished garment. I love the feel of the Ultra Alpaca. It is sturdy and comforting yet it makes my fingers happy as it winds through with each stitch. It's like a good friend, a reminder of strength and love, a reminder of Noreen. Maybe that's the real reason I've not been able to finish it. To finish it closes a story I'm not ready to end. She'll never see me in the sweater....my last gift from a woman I loved dearly. I miss her and Pop's every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment