Is anybody out there?

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 31 - second guessing my design

So I've gone back to counting days as far as days I actually do this experiment, not counting days I miss. Does that make more sense? I am finding it really hard to find or take one hour a day to knit. It's beginning to feel like something I 'have to do' rather than something I love and want to do. Anyway, this is me struggling to figure out how to keep the love alive!

So what I 'am' working on is a gift for my swap partner and it's something I've never made before. I'm felting something that I'll then needle felt something on...can't go into detail in case she reads this! Anyway, you know how they always say to swatch everything? Well, I should have but I didn't. I am trying to quickly finish the base up so that I can shrink it and see if I like it. If not, then I'm going to have to start over so now I feel pressure to finish this stage quickly. 'sigh' I hope this works, although I think I should have used a double strand. We shall see.

So the lesson this weekend is to think your design all the way through. It doesn't always pay to jump right in and frankly, you'll be happier if you're able to enjoy the process, knowing that it will work as it should with each and every stitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment