Is anybody out there?

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day 40 - Embracing the unknown

I finally found time to begin a new project! I know, I know, I should NOT be starting something new when I've not finished what I promised myself I would do, but I really wanted to do the Block-A-Month Afghan and most of the knitters are already finishing February's block and I'd not even started.

Yesterday, on the way to game day, we stopped at a shop along the way and I picked up some black and yellow/gold yarn to begin this project. I also printed the entire project and gave it to my sister-in-law so that maybe we could do this together! She loved it! So, back to the yarn....I decided that I'd make this for my 16 hear old son. I've started sweaters for him but never finished and frankly, it's easier to knit for me or my daughter and I really want to have something just for him. He has his heart set on getting into Wake Forest and so he chose black and gold! I hate knitting in black since it's so hard to see any mistakes and is already proving difficult. Oh, well!

After one evening, I'm halfway done the January block and can't wait to finish and get at the February. Then maybe I can enjoy the process. I don't knit well with deadlines so I'll need to really allow myself an entire month for the future blocks!

Lesson this week: Learn to feel the process. Too much thinking lead to second guessing and when you're knitting with black yarn, that can be dangerous!

No comments:

Post a Comment