Is anybody out there?

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 33 - Valentine's Eve - a busy day!

So, I thought that I'd get to enjoy my love of fiber today, but as life would have it, I spent the day of in search of the gifts that would make my loved ones happy! This journey took me the Providence Place Mall and then out to Bristol, RI to find the perfect gift for Dan.

I'd been searching for a trinity knot pendant, but apparently they don't make 'manly' versions of those! While I was there I was browsing the jewelry cases and found it. I knew right when I saw it that it was the perfect symbol of what I feel for Dan. It was a beautiful claddagh ring. We'd thought about getting them as wedding bands but I'd already had the opal one Dan had given me (sadly I lost that at school two years ago) and it would not have worked with the engagement ring he'd given me.

I don't know why it didn't seem at all strange that he would be replacing the ring I'd placed on his finger 17+ years ago, but this just felt right! It may need to be sized, but it looks wonderful and he loves it! I am so happy and I hope that when he looks at it, he remembers how much I adore him!

Needless to say, I've done NO knitting today! How is it that I cannot make time for that anymore? It's vacation! What's up with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment