Is anybody out there?

Friday, February 12, 2010

Day 32 - Vacation....Finally!

So here we are; the beginning of February vacation. There are many schools that don't have it anymore and at the high school level, I could do without it as we have shortened day schedules in March due to CAPT testing and it feels like we're losing so much teaching time. I am, however, intending to enjoy every minute of it. With no show choir commitments this year, my vacations are actually just that again! I can now plan outings with my own children and family without worrying about long choreography rehearsals. I'm sure there are many parents out there thinking the same thing. Although we really miss it, there are some up sides!

This has been a crazy and demanding work-week and I feel complete and total mental exhaustion. I am headed out to my son's last basketball game tonight and then I am going to come home to relax, drink a nice glass of wine and knit. I hope to finish the base of the felted project for my swappee and shrink it tomorrow. It's the needle felting I love to do. This part is pretty tedious to be honest. I guess many of life's tasks are. It's a little like parenting, you have to just keep at it an hope that it turns out beautiful when it's time to let it stand on its own!

I am really hoping to figure out how to insert pictures in this blog over vacation too! I think my page is really boring and maybe that's why no one comments? We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment