Is anybody out there?

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 38 - Baking bread from scratch???? What were they thinking?

I had a very busy day today and did not knit a stitch! What have I learned from the knitting today? I have learned that there are many things I love to do and doing for my family wins out! I got a really early start today to see Dan off and purged recipes into a nice and organized binder. I have a nice and easy way to plan for the upcoming weeks ahead.

I picked up Meag's friend and ran some errands and began to prepare for the onslaught of kids that never cam! Apparently there was a change of plans. Oh, well! I'd already decided to make the ribs and the cottage bread and so that's what I did.

The cottage bread was crazy! The recipe is simple but too big to put into the bread machine, thus the home-made attempt. Who knew that it was so difficult! And who's to say what's elastic or not! By the time it got in the oven and began to cook, I was exhausted. I'd already driven friend home, and driven Meag to a party. Mom was coming for dinner and with still 10 minutes to go, the bread was a medium golden and hollow sounding so I took it out. Wrong move as when I cut into it (after it was cooled), it was definitely not cooked in the middle! Back into the now cold oven! Well, dinner turned out okay all in all and the bread was mostly edible and not bad! We threw out the mushy parts!

I finally sat down at 10:15pm just in time to catch the figure skating! I am so tired! Yea Even L! He was great to watch!

Tomorrow, I hope to finish my song and finish my felting project.

2 comments:

  1. You need the Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day book. I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo! Sounds good! I'll have to look for that one this weekend. I just got an Irish Soda Bread recipe from my St. Patty's Day swapper and I can't wait to try that too!

    ReplyDelete