Is anybody out there?

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

No more excuses! (and new blood!)

That's my new motto? Yes! That's it! I've had it with myself - always making excuses - always too busy, to tired, too many people need me to drive them here or there or stay late to teach them this or that...I am so sick and tired of the dang excuses. It's not like they're not real or valid but damn it, when do I get to put my needs towards the top of the list?

Today I feel like pooh. I am cranky and tired and really not feeling well. I logged on to do work and a million other things and remembered my friends in cyberspace working their way to goals and good health. I read up and caught up and am so proud of all of you! You've inspired me to put off making dinner in a few minutes and I'm going to go for a walk! The first in probably a month! Can you believe how long I've been slacking????? NO MORE!

Also, wanted to let you know that we have a new member joining us. Her name is Jennifer and she's been following us and emailed me. Hopefully we'll hear from her soon as I emailed her the Welcome packet today.

So here's my catch up run-down:
Sammy - I hope that your follow up at home gave you some answers. I know that it's tough but above all else, you are NOT to give up and give in! You pushed too hard, have to deal with a set back but we've all been there! You are too strong a lady to let that deter you - we won't let you! You really need to heed Molly's advice and skip the packaged stuff. So do I - I get so lazy with planning and prep and that kills me too so we'll do that one together!

Molly - You are doing so great! Love to hear about the jazzercise! Brings me back happy memories of leg warmers! :) As for your weekend - Willy Wonka was a skinny minny! If you're working hard and normally staying on track, you can't chastise yourself for one indulgent weekend! Consider patience and kindness to yourself your birthday pressent! (Happy Day by the way!) Now, if you turned blue....that'd be something to worry about!

Jess - So glad you're doing well and still with us! It's so hard to find the time to keep up sometimes....I'm trying to change that for myself. Sounds like you've got a lot to work towards and look forward to! My niece got married Sunday and was such a stunning (skinny) bride! My sisters and I all talked about how we should have a sisters' day and lay our gowns out and oggle them - none of us will ever fit in them again!

Okay, so going for that walk now! I'll check in tomorrow - actually setting my alarm on my cell to make sure I do!

:)

2 comments:

  1. Christine- I am so happy that you have returned. I am also happy to hear that you walked yesterday. Good for you. I know it is tough to put yourself first sometimes, especially with a full load like you have but don't give up. You are worth it. You work so hard you deserve to be all about you.

    Jazzercise rocks. Yes leg warmers! That's funny. I should dig a pair out(yes I shamfully have some. pink and purple striped) and wear them to class one night. Wouldn't that be a hoot. You should look into a class of some sort in your area. It has really helped me be accountable. People ask where you were if you skip out and the guilt is enough to make you faithful. It's Great. Anywho Keep on keepin' on. You are awesome and you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Christine! We love you and no worries you are doing great and remember sometimes it's okay to say no. Trust me I'm a pushover so I'm always doing something or helping someone. No worries it just shows how giving and loving you are. However you can get burned out in regards to helping people and it's nothing to feel ashamed about it just proves that you need some time for yourself.

    I have been doing way better with my eating. I am really watching it and I am trying to avoid packaged food as best as I can. I am going to do my best not to fall behind!

    Also I agree on taking a class! If you are paying for a class it definitely gets your butt out the door. Also you make friends and if you go consistently it becomes routine. SO when people ask if you can do something you can say "sorry I can't I have a previous engagement," which you do! haha It's perfect ;)

    Molly you are so cute you and your leg warmers haha

    Keep it up Christine you are great!

    ReplyDelete