Is anybody out there?

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Hello from the Midwest!!

Hey girls!

Thanks so much for including me in this group! I don’t have any experience with blogging so bare with me! Might take me awhile to remember to check in regularly. Can’t wait to hear from you and hopefully job start my weight loss back to where I was a few years ago : ) Also, just thought I’d let you know this is a great time because I am in a wedding October 16th and would love to lose atleast ten pounds before then! So any motivation I can get helps! Thanks again!




Name: Jessica Nick name or preferred name:__Jess___
Where in the world are you? ________Iowa_______________
Age: __22___ Birthday:_____2/18/88__ Height: _5’9_____
Current weight: ___208___ Goal weight: 160 Highest weigh_current weight

Best physical attribute(s):
Honestly, I am not too happy with any attribute right now until I can lose atleast 20 pounds.


Physical areas you want to change:
Stomach!Thighs, arms; overall back to my old body



Biggest weakness when it comes to doing what you need to do to be fit and healthy. (These could also be categorized as ‘excuses!’)

Allowing myself to not exercise when I get off of work b/c I’m ready to just go home after being gone all day or need to run errands and feel I don’t have time


What do you love to do for exercise?
Run(when shin splints don’t hold me back; elliptical, lift weights; taking classes


What foods do you love to eat?
___Spicy : ) ; Veggies, chicken, hamburgers;


What’s your main reason for taking the ‘fitness’ plunge?

I’ve gradually kept gaining weight since I started dating my boyfriend a little over 2 years ago...I would rather make time to be with him at night which really cuts in to me exercising 5 days a week like I did before I met him in college, and played multiple sports in high school



What would you like to get out of this group? What else do you want us to know about how to help you reach your personal goals?

New and effective tips for losing and keeping the weight off, support, motivation, accountability!

5 comments:

  1. Welcome Jess!! I hope that we can help you keep motivated and lose some of those extra pounds.

    You said that you used to exercise 5 days a week before you met your boyfriend? And that spending time with him in the evening has taken over? How about getting him involved? Or just telling him that you love spending time with him but you need to do this to be happier with yourself, if you are happier with yourself than you wil be happier/better to the relationship. I was kinda worried about how Brian(my man) would react to me taking time to myself but he has been very encouraging about my goals.

    You gotta put yourself first sometimes!!! We are all givers it sounds like...Christine, Sammy, and I but we have all made promises to put our fitness goals and ourselves more towards the top of our lists. You should too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess! Great to have you here! (somehow I thought you were in New England - don't know where that came from!) We're so glad to have you and I think that you'll find this group is a great tool to help with accountability.

    I think Molly's right. Forcing ourselves to make that time is the hardest part - actually I failed at that today but I'll do better tomorrow! My hubby's been supportive too but for me, I have to not even care who's with me or not. For once, I need to learn to enjoy being alone with myself! Hard to do when there's so much to improve upon, but that's just it! Alone on the road I can't get away, I've just gotta keep going!

    I like the wedding goal! I've got some dates and weights I want to hit and some clothes I'm dying to get back into. I'm also just about done listening to my ibook so I think I'll download Pride and Prejudice next so I'm ready to walk on Thursday!

    Glad you're here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jessica!!!! Welcome! Sorry for the late response school has been crazy right now.

    In between 5 classes,sorority, and work I find it very difficult to find time for myself sometimes. However the best part of my day is when I am working out. My "me" time is very much appreciated and it definitely keeps me going.

    Also you should totally take Molly's advice and ask the bf if he wants to walk/ run with you. I enlisted one of my friends as my workout buddy and we are taking this awesome workout class. Having a person rely on me really keeps me in check...also since I paid for the class I am definitely motivated to keeps going and get my moneys worth.

    As for your goal for the wedding! Mine is the same 10 pounds by October...we can do it! If you ever need to talk or want to vent this is what we are here for! So happy you joined the group and I'm sure you will get to your goal weight we all will ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls!! And Molly that is such great advice. The only problem is that my bf works construction all day, then comes home and farms as well so he is a busy guy! He said he will start working out with me once harvest is over. He is also very supportive and told me he doesn't care if I take time to work out for an hour or two at night which I can't ask for much more, right?! So, I've got that mind set again that I need to work out atleast 5 times a week. This definitely helps me keep on track if I don't eat as greatly as I want to, or want to eat a little more here or there.

    So I got a great workout in last night after work and plan to do the same the rest of the week! I always feel great when I am working out and when I'm done, I just have to always remember that when I can't find the motivation!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you Jess. I always drag my feet after work, but once I am working out and afterwards I feel so much better and am glad I did it.

    So good to hear that he supports your goals and feelings.

    ReplyDelete