Is anybody out there?

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Like quicksand, life is sucking me down into the mire

Sorry that I've been vacant ladies! I'm so glad to see that everyone's doing so well! Way to go. I am sorry to say that my walking is down to once a week! I have not been able to find time to do anything other than work and take care of the kids needs for the last few weeks. So much for doing things differently this year! This new job has me spending every waking minute on lesson plans, learning pieces part by part, correcting, grading and doing it all over again the next day.

Music education has always been difficult in the planning area because you must use new music all the time, have multiple groups and must learn all of their parts in order to teach them. When I had two vocal ensembles, that was tough enough and it took me a few years to figure out how to efficiently get it all done. Now in addition to the four parts for each piece for each vocal group, I now have ALL the different instrumental parts for all of the band and jazz band to learn too! It's all I do anymore. I can feel myself disappearing in the process. It's like I'm saying goodbye to all I've worked so hard to achieve and drowning in the muck of it all! On a more positive note, I love the kids and the face time I have with them. Another plus is that I don't even have time to devour my unhappiness in emotional eating so the scale is still moving in the right direction! Yesterday I weighed in at 174 so maybe I'll really lose those last 4 by my birthday be sheer business!

This weekend I will be surrounded by family I've not seen in ages and whom I love dearly. I was going to take a whole lot of work w/me in the car but have decided to leave it all home and focus on getting my priorities straightened out again.

Sorry to be such a downer today, but this is where I'm at right now. I am so proud of all of you for your strength and tenacity! I'm definitely hanging on to it to pull me out of this quicksand!

Keep it up ladies!

1 comment:

  1. Christine. it's okay that you are too busy to walk on a daily basis. Being super busy isn't all that bad though if you don't have the time to stress eat. That's a good thing. Like Sammy told me a few blogs ago...it's about 20% exercise and 80% food intake that counts!(good advice) You can focus in on your diet and make sure you are feuling your body with good healthy choices. Make a weekely meal plan and ask the boys to help by maybe doing the cooking a couple times a week. Everyone has to learn how to cook sometime. And if you have the recipes and ingredients for them they can manage. This will give you a couple extra minutes a few days a week to walk or meditate and reflect(reducing cortisol=less stress fat)Good luck and don't give up!!

    ReplyDelete