Is anybody out there?

Friday, September 24, 2010

Morale is low...but that is no excuse!

Hello beautiful ladies! I know everyone is super busy and our lives are quickly catching up with us.  However that is not an excuse to get upset and throw away your goals into the gutter! 

Think of why you wanted to lose weight in the first place. You want to be healthy, you want to fit into your old clothes, you are tired of being tired, you want to be able to run around with your family, you want to have peace with your body, and let's not forget we want to look damn right hot. 

Ladies I know September has been a rough month for us all but it is almost over and that means a brand new beginning! I know I have been faithfully going to Pure Barre but my eating habits are out of control and my goal is to start eating better. Everyone is doing well and it's okay to mess up once or twice. You just work ten times harder to work it off. We are human and we make mistakes. Part of the reason why my eating has been so whack is because I'm emotionally eating because of school.  It ends now. 

I know our lives get in the way with our me time but we have to keep it up ladies! We want to be healthy and strong women. We are slowly achieving this. I know personally I have been very upset lately because I feel like I'm still not seeing results and since I can't really track my weight loss numbers I am going by how clothes fit.  So far there have been improvements like my jeans are not as snug as they used to be but still. I want to see results! I keep imagining (wishing, hoping,dreaming)  that one day I am going to waking up and find that I have lost 4 inches in my chest and tummy areas.  Unfortunately I have to realize that is not going to happen right away and trust me it kills me!  Losing weight takes time and it's something that we have to keep in mind. Think of all the great success stories of people who have lost 50+ pounds. They always say it took them a good 3-5 months to really get their dream body. SO lets keep in mind that we have almost completed our first month of weight loss! Let's make this last week really count ladies! Jazzercise, run, walk, tuck, lift, hike, shred and dance your little hearts out. Heads up chins up we can make it! 

Also here is another motivation for me to lose weight! I know I am 19 and I should not be worrying about my 21st birthday but hows this for a birthday girl outfit? haha I am planning on going to Vegas and let me tell you in Vegas you go big or you go home! This to me is going big haha 

3 comments:

  1. Samantha-

    Thanks so much for the pick me up! Reading stuff like that is why I am so glad I joined this blog; it really helps you reset your mind and keep your eye towards the prize.

    And let me tell you, I went to Vegas this past April, and that dress will be perfect! I have to say I felt uncomfortable the whole time I was there because I didn't feel up to my potential like I used to feel.

    Another spark of motivation I have gotten recently is from my boyfriend. He knows how much it bugs me that I can't get back to my old body and self-confidence(even though I still have a lot of confidence, but not arrogance, thanks to my parents, I just don't feel "cute" or "attractive" like I used to when I would go out and do things). But anyways, we were watching tv last night and a Victoria Secret commercial came on...instantly makes you feel like crap haha..but anyways I jokingly said to him "Oh, I didn't know I was on a commercial". Ya right! And he looked at me as serious as could be, " Jess, you could be a supermodel. You don't have to be anywhere close that skinny. You are beautiful. Just keep working at it. I know you can do it".

    After he said that, I really feel the push to keep at it. The other day I had the worst headache ever, but I changed into my workout clothes and proceeded to do 60 minutes of cardio. My headache didn't go away, but I pushed through it and was so happy I didn't waste another day of not working out and scorched some calories!

    Okay so I feel like I just went on and on venting my feelings for the last couple days, so I will stop now. Haha.

    But anyways thanks for listening girls! It really does help to just get it all out.


    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sammy. I am so glad that you are still commited to your goal!! I have been working out but haven't seen much movement on the scale. My Clothes are fitting nicely though.
    Love that dress you have in your birthday sights. I think that you will definately look hot in it.

    I also have got to get a grip on my eating...I have pretty much been eating healthy but I know my portion sizes have been creeping up. I guess I am going to have to start measuring out my portions and I hate that it makes me feel like I am on a diet. Oh ya I am :) It works though. I think my scale is on the fritz, or is it possible that my weight is fluctuating by like three to five pounds a day?? up down. down up. WTF?! It is getting close to that time of the month so maybe that is the cause.

    Keep it up. You are doing great. Life is stressful sometimes...school work family bills all the things that we have to do. We just have to remember to take care of oursevles as well. This group helps me keep that in mind. I am greatful for this.
    Miss Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica! How about your boyfriend just earned 20 points in my book! That is the cutest thing ever! Didn't it make you feel so good about yourself? Comments like that makes a girls day. Plus now that you know you have another supporter on your team drag him along for a couple workout sessions or a walk. You will be super surprised by what is talked about out when you walk with a partner haha. Girl you can vent all you want on her. It's what we are here for. To kick each other's butts!

    Miss Molly I am so happy for this too! It's great to have somewhere to check in. Really makes you conscience of what you are doing. I am having a tough time with my eating habits still but I am going to do my best this week to make better choices. Also beware of aunt flow...she definitely makes you all crazy. Literally...eating habits go bonkers and the bloating...well you know how that goes. So no worries you are doing great!

    Glad you all liked the dress it has just the right amount of class and skank haha So it works for Vegas lol

    ReplyDelete