Is anybody out there?

Thursday, August 5, 2010

And here's my info. (Christine)

Name: Christine Nick name or preferred name: Christine :)
Where in the world are you? Sutton, MA - 1 hour from Boston, Providence and Hartford!
Age: 40 Birthday: October 1 Height: 5'8"
Current weight: 183 :( Goal weight: 140 :) Highest weight: 187!!!!

Best physical attribute(s): Long fingers! People used to tell me I should be a hand model! And I love my eyes - they're a really dark blue!

Physical areas you want to change: Stomach - flat and toned would be totally cool! Hips & thighs: 'thunder thighs' and 'good birthing bones' run in my family and I want them gone! Flabby conductor arms!

Biggest weakness when it comes to doing what you need to do to be fit and healthy. (These could also be categorized as ‘excuses!’)
No time (once school starts - three weeks from today)
Fear - of what, I'm not sure...perhaps we'll discover that along the way!

What do you love to do for exercise?
Who's idea was it to use the words 'love' and 'exercise' together? :) Okay so I do LIKE to walk and listen to books or music. I love feeling my body come alive even if it is in pain. And I love the time alone to think of something other than work! Oh, and I just joined Curves! Although I love the idea of using all of the circuit machines, I don't think I'll stick with it for various reasons.

What foods do you love to eat?
Oh, bread, cheese and wine (I know wine's not a food, but I do LOVE it!) I actually really love preparing fresh fruits and veggies in the summer when they're local but it takes a lot of effort to get me to actually get going in that arena!

What’s your main reason for taking the ‘fitness’ plunge?
I am tired of feeling tired and unhappy with myself. My stress level is through the roof lately and I know from past experience that moving makes me feel better emotionally AND physically.
I also really, really want to fit into all of the super cute clothes I hung on to when we moved last year. They're two sizes smaller than what I'm currently wearing. :(

What would you like to get out of this group? What else do you want us to know about how to help you reach your personal goals?
I know that no one can do this for me but sometimes, connecting with people who are not family or friends who know all about me and my flaws makes it easier! I want to be able to celebrate successes with others (no matter how small) and get a swift kick in the pity-pot when I need it! I also want to be able to do that for others.

Oh, and I'm an emotional eater AND spender. The sooner I get consistently healthy, the sooner I'll be financially healthy! :)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what happened to my comment above but I just said I am super excited for our new adventure. Also to let you know that financially I can use some extra help too. We can swap stories ;)

    ReplyDelete