Is anybody out there?

Friday, August 6, 2010

Hello!

Name: Samantha Nick name or preferred name: Sam, Sammy, Samantha haha
Where in the world are you? Los Angeles, CA
Age: 18 Birthday: August 13 Height: 5'8"
Current weight: 180 Goal weight: 150 Highest weight: 197


Best physical attribute(s): My Long legs and hair! Of course my hair is a big ol' friz ball but I love the color and I love the curl/wave it has to it (when it's tamed) haha

Physical areas you want to change: Back and stomach. I am an apple shaped person. Meaning I carry my weight on my upper body and it just looks awkward on me. I have always had the bra bulge and anything with the zipper I don't even try on because of my body shape. I am going for  a defined back and a flat and toned tummy. I want to wear a strapless dress with pride dang it! 

Biggest weakness when it comes to doing what you need to do to be fit and healthy. (These could also be categorized as ‘excuses!’)
No time - In between classes, homework, clubs, sorority, social life, family and possibly 2 jobs...I put exercise on the back burner.
No energy- Most days I feel exhausted
Will power- For some reason I have a hard time getting up and going to the gym when I'm not being pushed. Once I get there I will do my thing but getting there is a struggle!
Burning out- I will go strong in my fitness routines and then I will hit a plateau or an obstacle and then my drive will fizzle out. 

What do you love to do for exercise?
Dancing! I am a dancing machine so anything with music and footwork would be my ideal workout.  However I don't have the time or money for classes so videos and the internet is my main source of dance workouts and routines. I love running on the treadmill, aerobics, and swimming. I am actually willing to try anything :)

What foods do you love to eat?
As my mother likes to say it I am a "carb-a-licious girl" haha So if I was served pasta, rice, and bread plus sweets I would be the happiest girl on the planet.

What’s your main reason for taking the ‘fitness’ plunge?
My family history is filled with high blood pressure, heart risks, and diabetes. I don't want to follow in those lovely family traditions. I want to live a healthy lifestyle so that I will live my life to it's full potential. I am 19 and I have so much to look forward to but my weight is literally 'weighing' me down. I just want to feel happy, confident, and proud of the way I look. I don't want to feel depressed because I can't fit into cute clothes, and I don't want my weight to dictate my life anymore. 

What would you like to get out of this group? What else do you want us to know about how to help you reach your personal goals?
I would like motivation, someone I can share my progress/success/failures with, and someone to kick me in the butt when I am not doing what I'm supposed to be doing. I would like support :)
I am also an emotional eater and the number one emotion that causes me to eat is stress. I get so stressed out it's terrible! Some days I feel so tense and cramped up because I am stressing out about something that by the end of the day I am emotionally and physically exhausted. That feeling is usually everyday and it's not fun. I could really use some tips when it comes to stress and consistency.

I am so happy to be a part of this! We can do this ladies :)

1 comment:

  1. Yea! Hi Sammy! I have to laugh when I read your info...it's like I'm the 40 year old version of you! Okay so we're going to help you kick this now so you're not here like me 20 years from now! :)

    I can't wait either! Molly's going on vacation so we won't hear back from her till around the 16th.

    I'm going to try to start each day with a post and maybe a question or two. Feel free to post at will and you can either comment on the questions or use them as prompts in posts. The sky's the limit!

    ReplyDelete