Is anybody out there?

Saturday, August 14, 2010

In what ways have you honored your promises to yourself?

That's the topic for the day. I think women have a tendency to have little problem keeping promises to everyone else but themselves. We go through our lives doing things for our family, our friends, our jobs and so on. It's little wonder that when we're tired or frustrated, we cut ourselves some slack an let ourselves off the hook! So now it's time to focus on keeping promises to ourselves.

I've promised to walk every day. I've been honoring that since August 3, 2010. Today is the day I may let that promise be altered a bit. I'm not breaking it, just offering myself a healthy compromise! A few days ago I started the 30 Day Shred circuit training. The goal is to do it for 30 days without fail. Today is a really hectic day with Sean's driving test at 7:30 am, repair guy coming between 10-2:00 pm, and then it's off to Foxboro w/Sean and Jordan to have dinner and see the Revs game to celebrate!

I managed to get the Shred in after the license test, but now I've got to wait around for repair guy. I was also informed by Dan that I was moaning all night because my quads hurt so much every time I shifted at all. (I don't remember any of that really though I do remember not sleeping much!)

So, in an effort to avoid hurting myself to the point of losing multiple days for recovery, I will not walk today. Although I will probably be walking around Patriot Place a bit!

This seems like a better way to handle my promises to myself and still feel happy and successful.

What about you? What promises are you proud to have kept to yourself this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment