Is anybody out there?

Saturday, August 28, 2010

College...enough said

Hello ladies! Sorry I haven't been so active on here this past week has been crazy! My momma had surgery on her foot on Thursday and then I moved back into school on Friday. It was rough. I am now settled back into school and that means I need to start looking at the open hours at the gym...

I am looking forward to it but I know I am way out if shape and that worries me. I will need your support ladies. I used to be able to go 25 minutes running on the treadmill but I know for sure that is not going to happen anytime soon haha. Baby steps. I also might join my schools Crew Team again but I'm not sure.

I hope all is well with you lovely ladies. I know school starts on Monday for me and that means a whole new routine. I say try a new form of exercising haha challenge of the month? Anyways hope all is well and keep up the hard work!

Question what kind and how many weights do you need to do the Shred? Thank you

6 comments:

  1. Sammy, how's Mom doing? Hope everything went well for her. Back to school~ so exciting! I miss college schedules! First, for the shred, you'll need a matt (unless you like the hard floor), and I started w/3lb weights and just got a set of 5 lb. ones too. That's it! I HATE level 2 as it kills my knees so I'm going back to Level 1 w/the 5lbs.

    I envy the gym access. During my rainy days, I really missed my walks which made it easier to take two more days off! I went out w/my Mom (slower than I'd like) yesterday and will head out for a nice challenging walk again in a few minutes. (I NEED my JE fix!)

    The Crew team sounds amazing! I always wanted to do that! There are crew races on Lake Quinsigamound (near us) and I always love to see them. I'd love to hear more about it as you go along.

    Have fun settling in and good luck in classes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sammy I am so envious about your open gym. I wish there was a free gym I could use. Baby steps is a good mindset when restarting your fitness routine. Good luck and keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am seriously thinking about investing in the Shred. My classes are all over the place so we shall see if it would be a good investment.

    Mom is a lot better! It is tough for her to move around still but she sounds like her old self again.

    I am still deciding on Crew because some of the coaches and I don't see eye to eye so we shall see how that goes. I love crew though it gives you a great workout and it's a lot of fun. However I have to get up at 5 am to go to practice! Yeah the time can definitely put a damper on your day haha.

    As for school everything went well on move in day. I am officially a sophomore! Challenges I have faced has been eating at the caf and then late night snakes. It's rough! Living in a room with nothing but a fridge and a microwave can cause problems! haha I will keep you all posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sammy I have a suggestion about the Shred...I checked it out of my local library. I can keep it for two weeks then renew if I want or checkout a different workout dvd!!!! I love the library. I am a huge nerd!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh good plan!!! I will go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great idea Molly! It's also under $9.00 now at Target.

    ReplyDelete