Is anybody out there?

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

So...A new journey is beginning...

When Sean and Meag were little, I went back to AMC to get my degree in Music. I had no idea what I was really in for until I got there. Sure music what what I was most passionate about but until you're in the thick of it you have no idea that you will be leaning everything there is to know about ALL music! It was, in fact, the hardest thing I'd ever done.

Although the kids were now in school, I was overwhelmed with guilt and stress and work! When I was home, I had to balance being the mom I was accustomed to being with getting my homework and studying done. The stress was unbelievable.

I started walking taking better care of my health to help regulate that stress and to get myself into a better place, emotionally and physically. This career in music education has been no different in the areas of stress and business. It is so easy to become over committed and as a mom, that again leaves no time to do what I need to do for me.

That stops now.

The new situation with having to now take over the instrumental program in addition to what I'm already doing at the high school will be perhaps, a bigger challenge than getting my Masters at BU while working! I will be of no use to anyone if I am not better equipped to step up to all of the added stress and workload. And thus a new journey begins....

I hope to have the details posted later today or tomorrow so stay tuned.... This blog is about to morph into something besides the daily knitting lessons, although I hope they will forever remain a part of my journey!

2 comments:

  1. I feel like you should have some music that leaves us with that cliff hanging feeling.

    I like the new look of your blog page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Duhn, duhn, duhnnnnnnnn"

    How's that? I haven't figured out how to add music! Thanks for the kudos on the page! I was so excited to see that there were finally more options on blogspot! I was actually considering starting a new page elsewhere but I like this!

    ReplyDelete