Is anybody out there?

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 58 - Two months later....

So, it's been two months since I've written on my "daily" blog! I have been knitting - not everyday through June, but keeping it going through most of July. I have started a pair of socks for Dan that are a lovely grey, superwash Merino. They are a challenge in that I really wanted to do them in a new way. I decided to try magic loop knitting and am doing them two at a time. This really makes it seem to go faster - I know it's all an illusion, but I still enjoy watching them develop together! I also decided to do these socks toe-up since finding cuff down TAAT magic loop patterns was difficult.

So there it is, three new techniques in one project! I knew when starting these I could potentially fail. Thus far it's been easy. I will have to see when it comes time for the heel flap and gussets.

I still have Meag's lacey sweater to finish, Mom's afghan and Patty's tuscany shawl (not to mention many other WIPsS) but I am enjoying the peacefulness of simple sock patterns for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment