Is anybody out there?

Monday, August 23, 2010

I saw you....walkin' in the rain...

Yup, that was me today! Waling in cold, windy rain! Honestly driven today by wanting more of my book rather than a deep rooted desire to exercise! Can you imagine? Anyway, I did my walk right after my 30 day Shred. This is not ideal because I won't be able to keep this schedule starting Thursday, and back to back really impedes my ability to push my time on the walk.

I'm trying hard to make sense of all of the calorie counting vs. exercising. I'm so discouraged because although I'm losing inches, the pounds keep fluctuating. I'm back up three again for a net loss thus far of 5 in 20 days. I feel like some of my clothes are fitting better but I'm still feeling a bit discouraged. I'm skipping the rest of chapter 3 of Master your Metabolism as I am overwhelmed by how much environmental toxins have been attacking my hormones!

I just need answers now! I am going on to "How this plan works" to check it out. Not too sure how much 'organic' I can do though. We shall see. I am not giving up on this and may even get an elliptical as the weather and time issues are bound to stop me if I don't have a clear backup staring me down!

3 comments:

  1. OMG I tried to read that book and couldn't get through it either! Basically you can't eat anything except raw plants! It's very overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doing great Christine. Don't forget that you are also gaining muscle so your weight will continue to fluctuate. One more thing! Stop looking at the scale! The scale always psych people out and I have been told by a couple fitness gurus not to look at the scale. The best way is to pick your favorite pair of jeans and see how you fit in them every monday morning. I have a pair of jean shorts I do this with. Don't be discouraged you are doing well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sammy! I actually have weighed in and measured today and decided that Tuesdays will be my day. I'm a data freak so I liked seeing it all in the beginning. Now though, without being able to figure out how the muscle figures in, it's too frustrating. I love the jeans idea too!

    Kate~ I'm actually plowing through the book...I'm not sure I'll empty my house, but it did make me look at the things I chose to eat for breakfast today! I think knowledge is power but I won't make up my mind till I get all of the info.

    ReplyDelete