Is anybody out there?

Thursday, August 5, 2010

They say misery loves company...

but I say, everyone loves company when they're doing anything that requires motivation! I have been working on getting into better, healthier habits. As a previously, self-diagnosed "starter," this is a problem! I love to start things and my own personal fitness is no exception. I've been down this road many times but this time feels different. I have taken a brutally honest look at myself and realize that if I don't change what I'm doing now (or rather what I'm not doing) then it will be too late! I need to feel healthier, happier and less stressed. NOW! So I began doing what I did all those years ago when I was taking much better care of myself.

I found a group of women across the country, all of whom have a thing or two in common. I've asked them if they'd like to form a sort of long-distance support system. Sometimes it's easier to work with people you don't really know than to count on family or friends- there's just too much history and emotional baggage there.

I've had 3 respond and am waiting to hear from 2 more. We will kick off our program today as I'll be emailing them a questionnaire so that we can all set and share our personal goals as well as let each other know just what kind of support we need! I can't wait!

Let the journey begin! :)

1 comment:

  1. I am ready!!!

    Questionnaire August 4, 2010
    (Title of our group would go here!)

    Name: Molly Rose Nick name or preferred name: molly's good

    Where in the world are you? Washington State Pacific Ocean Coast

    Age: 27 Birthday:Oct 6th Height: 5' 9"


    Current weight: 178 lbs Goal weight: 158 lbs Highest weight: 200 lbs


    Best physical attribute(s): I love my lower legs and also I like my neck/collar bone


    Physical areas you want to change:
    I have never had flat abs ever!! It is the family curse...5 siblings and all have bellies.


    Biggest weakness when it comes to doing what you need to do to be fit and healthy. (These could also be categorized as ‘excuses!’)

    My biggest weakness is having people around who try to push food on me. My partner of seven years is the worst. He is a small guy and can eat anything and not gain a pound. He just doesn't understand that I can't do that.

    Also I am the type who's motivation dwindles over time.

    What do you love to do for exercise?

    I love to hike, jazzercise, and walk


    What foods do you love to eat?

    I am a bread lover, also I love cheese a little too much. If it's carbs I love it.

    What’s your main reason for taking the ‘fitness’ plunge?

    I just want to be happy with the way I look so that I can feel comfortable doing things like going to the lake in the summer. I also want to feel sexy again!!

    What would you like to get out of this group? What else do you want us to know about how to help you reach your personal goals?

    I would like to get motivation. I would like to have someone to talk to about the progress and setbacks I am having. I am the type that need a guilt trip once in a while.

    ReplyDelete