Is anybody out there?

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

This one's for Sammy!

I'm very proud of you and wish I'd had half of your guts when I was your age! Taking an honest look at ourselves and valuing yourself enough to do something is something that took my many years to get to! Don't ever stop! Here's the thing, when you're gonna be at Grandma's, don't deprive yourself of the experience. I'm picturing your G-ma as a wonderful, nurturing cook and missing out would be tough. Instead, plan your intake in preparation that day and maybe even the day before. Eat fewer calories and save them up for that big feast w/Granny! Of course after a reasonable helping, a "that was the best I've ever had! I can't believe how stuffed I am!" might just knock her off her urge to heap more on the plate!

Also, I think you're very smart to be looking at the big picture. I feel like at this point I have to make plans for the here and now AND plans to combat all of the obstacles that traditionally knock me down when I go back into work in two weeks.

I LOVE this!
My conclusion of this week is taking care of yourself is hard work! However once I understand my body I know I will treat it better and it will reflect inside and out.


I know that it's really hard w/out a gym and someone making those healthy food options for you, but the truth is that you won't have all that during summers AND when you're done with school! Better to get that obstacle out of your way now. I joined Curves thinking that I could make that work, but everyone there is over 70 and I will be quitting at the end of the month. (I only went three times but paid through the end of August) Instead, I'm walking and doing some core body exercises at home. This way I control it all. If I stop, I've got no one to blame but myself and I'm making myself look myself in the eye every day!


As for the scale (from my post) thanks! I am obsessed with seeing if my daily choices are actually right and working. After this first full week is done, I'm going to limit the weigh-in to once a week or maybe once every two weeks. I've used some on-line resourses to figure out how many calories I should eat to lose what I want to lose per week. I'm also tracking everything that goes in for at least the first three weeks until I get a better feel for portion size and good choices. And I'm adding in all of the exercise (duration of walks, mileage and calories burned) which in turn changes my daily caloric intake. When I stay under, I am seeing that weight coming off. I think some days I ate exactly the number of calories they reccomended and I'm still making progress.

Finally, I'm just gonna put this out there! Thank you! Today, I woke up with another pound gone and am so darn grumpy and tired of walking and on, and on, and on. I'd decided NOT to walk today and already came up with excuses. Then I saw your post and didn't feel so 'on my own' and you've inspired me to get off my duff and do what's hard! Thanks Sammy! You alone, saved my day!

1 comment:

  1. SO proud of you Christine I think that it's great you are researching and doing you weight loss program right!
    Sorry to hear about curves but no worries you are doing what's best for you so don't let that get you down.
    Thank you for the tips to deal with the Grams I think they will work great!

    ReplyDelete