Is anybody out there?

Monday, August 9, 2010

It's the little things that count!

I learned that a long time ago and many times throughout my lifetime. At forty, I'm hoping to remember what I've forgotten! Yesterday was spent waiting for my niece to visit so rather than take off for my walk and miss her, I spent some time to work in the kitchen and house and do some baking. I miss the days when I used to always have fresh baked cookies on hand for the kids. I am going to make a point to continue to do those nice things for the family.

When we realized that she wasn't coming till the evening, we'd missed the chance to go mini-golfing as planned but Sean and Dad wanted to go down to the field and workout in the goal. I threw my sneaks on and joined them. I can't wait till I'm in better shape and can play soccer for a decent amount of time! Instead, I walked around the field and between that and the walk to and from the field, I managed to get another 2 miles in! I was so happy not to have missed a daily walk! It was a slow walk as I was on grass, but I kept it going.

This is what I mean, doing a little everyday is really paying off! I am so much more aware of what I'm doing to myself on a daily basis. I need to remain strong and committed from now till school starts so that by the time we're back at it, my daily needs are a priority!

1 comment:

  1. That's fantastic!!!! You are making great choices and I am super happy you are exploring new ways to not only help yourself but spend time with your family! I have yet to reach your point but I am trying :) Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete